Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who will accompany my child on the field trip?
All of the educators teaching that week of camp will be accompanying your child on the field trip as well as the junior staff. Both full-time staff will also be in attendance on the field trip. Students will be broken into groups so that each adult will have 5-7 students in their group.
2. Is my child required to attend the field trip?
Yes, all staff at Sturgeon City will be attending the field trip so students are not allowed to stay behind. Should you not want your child to attend, he/she will not be able to attend camp that day.
3. How is my child getting to the field trip location? Who is driving them?
We will be taking an Onslow County School Bus for the field trip. An Onslow County School Bus driver will be driving the bus. All educators and full-time staff will be on the bus with the students.
4. Will there be an additional fee for the field trip?
No. The field trip is included in the camp fee.
5. Can my child bring money for souvenirs?
Yes they can. Please understand that they will be responsible in keeping up with their money and time may be limited to look in the gift shop.
6. Is there a dress code for the field trip?
Yes. Students will receive a white camp shirt on Monday that we will tie-dye that day. They will be sent home on Tuesday and will need to be worn on the field trip day.
7. Will there be a separate form to be filled out?
Yes. Students will be required to have a permission slip signed and brought back. This will also have a slip on it that will have important information for you to keep.
8. Will the camp times be changed for that day?
No. Drop off and pick up times will be the same as the regular camp days. However, please be sure to drop of your child promptly at 9am on the field trip day as we will be leaving at exactly 9:15am.
Any further questions can be directed to the Program Coordinator at (910) 938-5079 or email@example.com