Part-time Program Educator
Sturgeon City is in need of enthusiastic and capable adults to assist with our educational programming. This position is a part-time position responsible for assisting in some development of curriculum and presenting educational programs to school groups and other program participants.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
1) Memorizing and presenting a pre-designed lesson plan.
2) Set up and cleaning up your station and classroom area.
3) Presenting the lesson to groups of approximately 10-30 students depending on the program.
4) Working closely with and supervising volunteers during some programs.
* Degree in a natural science, education or another related degree. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
* Knowledge of teaching techniques commonly used in environmental education and experience working with children in an educational setting not required but highly recommended..
* Experience and comfort working in an outdoor setting, regardless of weather conditions.
Complete the application below using the PDF button and email to or mail to
PO Box 1056
Jacksonville, NC 28541