Sturgeon City is in need of enthusiastic and capable adults to assist with our educational summer programming. This position is a part-time position responsible for assisting in some development of curriculum and presenting educational programs to summer camp participants. Camps run from June 1st through August 6th. Opportunities to continue after summer camp may be available depending on program and educator availability. Each camp runs for one week but educators are not required to teach every week camp is offered. Educators are able to choose the weeks they would like to teach.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
1. Memorizing and presenting a pre-designed lesson plan. Some development of plans when applicable.
2. Set up and cleaning up your station and classroom area.
3. Presenting the lesson to groups of approximately 10-30 students depending on the program in a camp setting.
4. Working closely with and supervising volunteers during some programs.
5. Comfortable in indoor and outdoor settings while teaching in all climate types.
- Degree in a natural science, education or another related degree. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
- Knowledge of teaching techniques commonly used in environmental education and/or experience working with children in an educational setting not required but highly recommended.
- Experience and comfort working in an outdoor setting, regardless of weather conditions.